Mitch's Blog 7.0

Mitch's Blog

 

Thursday, June 30, 2005

My AP Post

All right, so I made my mind yesterday to call the automated AP grade reporting service from the College Board. I know I could have waited 3 or more weeks to get my free grade report in the mail, but I figured $8 wasn’t really that much – just a little more than an average meal at a fast-food restaurant – of a price to pay to know my grades right this very instant. Actually, I’m glad the service is available 24 hours a day, as I made the decision to retrieve my grades at about 2:30 in the morning.

So, I have the feeling that everybody is just dying to know what my scores were; I’m going to post them. But first, I should warn – no, advise – anybody who may want to call the number (1-888-308-0013) to find out his or her AP grades to know that even though the official AP “Student Pack” and the official AP program’s website say that a Discover card is a sufficient form of payment to receive grades, it actually is not. I had every intention of entering a Discover card number to get my grades, but I soon found out that the system will only accept Visa or MasterCard (and quite possibly American Express, too, but I don’t remember anymore. What kind of person would use American Express, though, anyway?)

AP English Language & Composition – 5
AP Calculus AB – 4
AP German – 4
AP Macroeconomics – 5
AP Microeconomics – 5

All in all, I’m not really surprised at all at what my scores were. I wasn’t completely sure that I'd get a 5 on the three tests that I did get one on, but I hadn’t ruled out that possibility either, so it wasn’t really much of a shock for me to find out that I had, indeed, gotten the three 5s.

As I discussed in a previous post, I had a pretty good feeling that I’d get a 4 on the German test, even though I would’ve liked a 5. I’m not disappointed, however, just slightly upset that the material on "my" AP German test wasn’t quite as in line with what I would consider to be my chief strengths in the German language. I found the material on the 2002 test that we took for practice a couple of weeks before the actual examination to be much more to my liking.

All in all, I calculated the average score on all of the AP tests I took throughout high school and came up with something around 4.5 or so. This average, when combined with the fact that I obtained a 4 or better on all of the tests that I took, means that I will be a national AP scholar when the College Board announces the names of all the scholars sometime this fall or winter.

Oh yeah, because I got a 5 on both of the economics test, my name, assuming that Mr. Stark will not be housed in a new room at the start of the 05-06 school year, will also go up on the "AP Economics Wall of Fame" on display in room A144 at Brainerd High School.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your scores. I honestly thought that you would've (could've) pulled off a 5 in AP German, but 1/2 of your scores were fives, so that's definatly not something to gripe about... The Pear Tree sounds like a really good idea... Have you thought about growing grapes. I hear that they turn out good aswell.

Tschüß

Thu Jun 30, 07:43:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the scores, I know you put a lot of work into them.

Thu Jun 30, 12:08:00 PM CDT  
Blogger P "N" K said...

Tiger Woods, Robert DeNiro, and Mike Kyschesvakdajadski (Duke's b-ball coach, no clue on the last name spelling) all use American Express. At least according to those dramatic commercials.

Thu Jun 30, 04:22:00 PM CDT  
Blogger P "N" K said...

And your name would be there anyway. I'm sure he would just transfer the sheets...Stark is pretty proud of that wall.

Congrats on the scores!

Thu Jun 30, 04:23:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

This Year's Garden
Part 2 of Last Week's Adventure
My Late Week Adventure
An Update With Warrior Updates
Graduation
AP Tests (Continued)
Monday's News
AP Testing Weeks
April Pictures
Weil der Papst Starb...

Archives

March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
November 2007
December 2007
February 2008
March 2008
March 2012

Current Weather

Click for Brainerd, Minnesota Forecast Click for Grand Forks, North Dakota Forecast

Weather Station

Blogroll

Google Search

Google

Answers

Minnesota Counties

Minnesota Counties I've Visited

North Dakota Counties

North Dakota Counties I've Visited

Links

Subscribe to Mitch's Blog 

Through RSS
Click here to subscribe to Mitch's Blog through RSS!
Add to My 

Yahoo!
Add to Google

Free Image Hosting at Imageshack.us

Mitch's Blog Copyright 2001-2012 Mitch Wahlsten -- All Rights Reserved
The thoughts and opinions expressed are those of Mitch Wahlsten and the participants
Mitch's Blog began on December 23, 2001