Mitch's Blog 7.0

Mitch's Blog

 

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Late September Doldrums

My life seems to have become quite mundane and monotonous since the last time I posted. I am now extremely comfortable with my weekly class schedule and know what to expect in all of my courses. As a matter of fact, I have now taken at least one test in every one of my non-lab classes. And with the exception of physics, I scored on an A on every one. So, with regard to my courses, there’s not too much I can complain about. As for the monotony, I hope to break that next weekend by taking a weekend-long trip to Winnipeg, a city I had always intended to visit last year. I need to take advantage of the fact that I live only a little more than two hours away from the largest city in Manitoba and the largest city in the 1700 miles between Toronto and Calgary.

After spending all last year deriding the website and questioning why it is so hugely successful, I finally got on Facebook a couple of weeks ago. I’ve been surprised with how much I’ve enjoyed and become addicted to it so far. There’s definitely a lot less sleaze than at Myspace, the only other social-networking website I have any familiarity with. As a matter of fact, Myspace is one website I never intend to sign up for a membership at. All in all, though, what I’ve liked most about Facebook so far is the ability to catch up with friends from high school that I haven’t spoken with for more than a year.

Actually, through the use of some tracking code that only I have the ability to view, I did see that a few visitors to this blog in the last week have been lured here from the link I put up on my Facebook profile. If you are a new visitor, don’t be shy and reluctant to post a comment or something. It should be pretty apparent that this place is in need of some rejuvenation. Visitor levels have been quite flat since the beginning of this year, due, in part, I assume to the frequent gaps I have in between postings. One thing that I hope may alleviate this problem is the reemergence of the Moblog – a feature I’ve always enjoyed but let fall to the wayside nearly a year ago. It isn’t that I’ve stopped going on spur-of-the-moment photo shoots, it’s just that I’ve been too lazy to edit and shrink my photos down to the size needed for posting. With that said, however, starting today, I hope to have the Moblog regularly updated. The first photo featured on there is one of the fireworks that lit up the UND campus two weeks ago during the annual Potato Bowl week in Grand Forks.

Something that would be perfect for inclusion on the Moblog would be a picture of the magnificent yellow and golden colors that the cottonwood trees that line University Avenue – UND’s primary thoroughfare – should start turning sometime in the next couple weeks. While most of the other types of trees on campus have already begun displaying vibrant hues and shedding their leaves, the cottonwoods are a stubborn bunch and usually retain their green leaves for a longer time than others. I got some pictures of them when they finally did turn colors last fall, but I didn’t get the picture that I am currently envisioning in my mind. I also didn’t get my new, immeasurably better, camera until late last October either, so all of the pictures I did take of the fall colors on campus last fall were with my old camera. Hopefully I’ll be able to get out with my new camera this year and take the exact picture I want.

I still will have a post with the aerial photography that I talked about last time – I just don’t know right now when I will have the chance to write it up. In the meantime, you can keep stopping by to see if I’ve made any updates to the Moblog. I do appreciate your continued visitation!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh don't be so morose, winter will soon be here. sw

Wed Oct 04, 02:53:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous Posts

A Delayed Commentary on Returning Back to School
May We Never Forget
2006 Vacation: Day 9 Summary
2006 Vacation: Day 8 Summary
2006 Vacation: Day 7 Summary
2006 Vacation: Day 6 Summary
2006 Vacation: Day 5 Summary
2006 Vacation: Day 4 Summary
2006 Vacation: Day 3 Summary
2006 Vacation: Day 2 Summary

Archives

March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
November 2007
December 2007
February 2008
March 2008
March 2012

Current Weather

Click for Brainerd, Minnesota Forecast Click for Grand Forks, North Dakota Forecast

Weather Station

Blogroll

Google Search

Google

Answers

Minnesota Counties

Minnesota Counties I've Visited

North Dakota Counties

North Dakota Counties I've Visited

Links

Subscribe to Mitch's Blog 

Through RSS
Click here to subscribe to Mitch's Blog through RSS!
Add to My 

Yahoo!
Add to Google

Free Image Hosting at Imageshack.us

Mitch's Blog Copyright 2001-2012 Mitch Wahlsten -- All Rights Reserved
The thoughts and opinions expressed are those of Mitch Wahlsten and the participants
Mitch's Blog began on December 23, 2001